Friday, January 06, 2023

(Upcoming)

I haven't posted anything here since the middle of 2022. That's not because I stopped reading -- I have just been busy. Very very busy -- with teaching, departmental service, and writing. 

Fortunately I'm on a research leave this spring, which means that you'll see an uptick in activity here as I clear out my backlog of book reviews. 

If you're used to seeing my updates on Twitter, I have bad news for you: After 15 years, I finally decided to delete my Twitter account. That was partly because of the recent changes to Twitter management, but I had also found that -- like Facebook before it -- Twitter had become more of a distraction than a positive place for conversations. For now, I'll be somewhat active on LinkedIn and I'll post announcements about new blog posts there.

In 2023, I have a few big anniversaries coming up: 

  • June 5 will be the 20th anniversary of this blog. That's right, I will have been blogging book reviews for 20 years. It seems like yesterday that I drafted the first blog entry while waiting in line for The Matrix Reloaded at the Alamo Drafthouse. The movie was a huge disappointment, but the blog remains one of the most helpful things I have done for myself -- and hopefully it's helped others too.
  • September 26 will be the 20th anniversary of my first book, Tracing Genres through Organizations
  • And January 15 will be the 10th anniversary of my methodology book, Topsight
Enough looking back. Let's also look forward to a happy and productive 2023. 

No comments: