Friday, June 20, 2008

How are people reaching this blog?

The answer, according to Google Analytics, is surprising to me. The top referring site is Google Images, probably because I have a couple of images such as one of John Paul Jones playing a many-necked mandolin. But the next few referring sites are:

2. twitter.com
3. apps.facebook.com
4. google.com
5. friendfeed.com
6. locus.cwrl.utexas.edu (my homepage)
7. stc-austin.org (The Austin chapter of the Society for Technical Communication)

5-7 are tied. 2, 3, and 5 are different aspects of my lifestream; people are seeing the same information refracted through different services.

2 comments:

cbd said...

How do RSS feeds factor in that list? #4, I imagine, and obviously #5.

Clay Spinuzzi said...

Good catch -- RSS is not broken out. Yes, probably that's the majority or all of the Google referring traffic (Google's search is in a separate category).