Yesterday RescueTime announced that they are launching RescueTime for Business, a way to monitor system events across teams. Here's the copy:
RescueTime for Business offers you a low-cost and effort-free way to understand how your team is spending their time. RescueTime for Business offers you the ability to:
- Utilize a variety of privacy options to help you respect your employees.
- Understand your team's productivity trends. Were they more or less productive 6 months ago?
- Understand how changes in the work environment affect productivity.
- Understand how staffing, organization, and management changes affect productivity.
- Know which software packages and web applications are being used... And which are collecting dust on the virtual shelf.
- See how telecommuting affects individual and team productivity. Great for workstreaming!
RT4B could be leveraged by managers who are eager for a more panoptic view of work. But it's just as likely to be used by teams who want a more, er, "agoric" view of each others' work so that they can collectively examine work practices. It'll be interesting to see who adopts RT4B and how they use it.
RescueTime: For Business
Blogged with Flock