Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Collaborative mind mapping

I'm not a big fan of it, but if you are, this looks like a good way to go.

Thanks to a tip from a reader and his gracious offer of an invite (thanks Robbie!), I've discovered MindMeister, a web-based mind mapping tool that does three things I consider to be absolutely essential for an online offering in this category. First, it is compatible with MindManager, the mapping application I use on both my PCs and my Mac. Second, it allows maps to be shared with others in either read-only or full collaboration mode. Third, it integrates Skype so that IM or VoIP chat can be conducted while collaboratively editing a map.

The Skype integration seems really smart. It would be nice to see something like this with collaborative office suites.

» MindMeister - collaborative web-based mind mapping | Office Evolution | ZDNet.com

technorati tags:, ,

Blogged with Flock

No comments: