Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Hello, My Name Is Bob, and I Check My Email While on the Toilet

Another preachy reaction against always-on connectivity:
In many recovery programs, one of the first steps to overcoming an addiction is to admit there is a problem, "Hello, my name is Bob and I check my e-mail while on the toilet." That may sound comical but without acknowledging the worship of the urgent, there can be no change. Man must re-build the walls of his digitally infiltrated castle. He must find his place of quiet, of solace, of meditation, and of focus. The important must supersede the urgent once again; it starts with the off switch.
Are they going to preach against reading magazines on the toilet next?

TCS Daily - Hello, My Name Is Bob, and I Check My Email While on the Toilet'

Blogged with Flock

No comments: